ACTO conducts test case litigation that addresses systemic issues on behalf of tenants with low incomes, co-op housing members and people who are homeless.
How we choose a case
ACTO has developed test case criteria and advocacy goals. These are reviewed and updated by Board and staff regularly. Cases that are referred to ACTO are evaluated on the basis of the case selection policy and advocacy goals before a decision is made on whether or not to take a new case.
Note: ACTO legal materials are found in the password protected TDCP area for use by legal clinic staff only. These materials are not available to the general public.
- Right to Housing Challenge
- Human Rights in Housing
- Definition of "Tenant"
- Rent Deposits
- Energy Issues
- Fighting Evictions
- Freedom of Information & Privacy at ORHT
- Inadequate Shelter Allowance
- Preservation of Rental Housing Stock
- Tribunal's Authority to Consider Human Rights Issues
- Planning & Human Rights
- Privacy & Crime Free Living
- Repairs & Maintenance
- Archived Cases