It is difficult to navigate the legal system when you are faced with a tenancy problem. We have created the following tip sheets to provide you with general legal information. They are not legal advice because to get advice on your particular situation, you need to consult a lawyer or legal worker and share with them the details of your problem.
We try to make sure that the information presented in the following tip sheets is accurate and current. However, the law is constantly changing and while we try to keep our tip sheets up-to-date, some information may have changed. Neither ACTO nor the Tenant Duty Counsel are liable for any damages arising out of your use or reliance on any content.
Download Tip Sheets
- My landlord evicted me without following the law. What can I do?
- I think my order from the Landlord and Tenant Board is wrong. What should I do?
- I am being evicted because I did not do what I agreed to do. What should I do now?
- My landlord wants to evict me because I owe rent.
- What can I do at the Landlord and Tenant Board to protect my human rights?
- What should I do if I am late to file a form with the Board or if I need a hearing quickly?
- I want to move out before the end of my rental agreement. What can I do?
- What can I do if my landlord does not do repairs or respect my legal rights?
- I got an eviction order because I owe rent. If I pay, can I stop the Sheriff from coming?
- What can I do if my landlord or someone buying my place wants to move in?